Position: Local Organic Farming and Farmland Protection Champion
Terms: $17.50/hr, flexible hours, 8 months / optional on-site housing at minimal cost
Accommodation provided at minimal cost.
The position involves working with Sustainable Brant, the Langford Conservancy and Hearts Content Organic Farm to protect farmland and support organic farming.
Must have graduated from a community college or university (in any discipline), be 30 years or younger, not in receipt of EI, and be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
The position involves:
- organic farming, and the preparation of value-added foods and herbal remedies,
- helping with planning, promoting and running community workshops and events related to organic farming, value-added food preparation, agri-tourism, medicinal and edible plants, creating an inclusive organic farming community and farmland protection,
- helping with book-keeping and fundraising to support the protection of farmland, and
- research and writing on the above topics.
- Interest in learning organic farming techniques and philosophy
- Social media skills (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Eagerness to learn
- Good interpersonal skills, shows initiative and is organized, able to work as a team-player and independently; some experience with grant writing and book-keeping.
Housing: Accommodation provided at minimal cost.
Starting Date: flexible, as soon as possible
Contact: rtunstall54 @ gmail.com or call 519-647-0307.
Please send resume and 2 work related references.